What are the benefits to you?
- Allowance for immediate roof renovation
- Predictable, long-term solar electricity rates
- No solar system operation responsibilities
- Capital expense turns into an operating expense
GAF is a leading manufacturer of commercial & residential roofing materials and we have developed a Solar + Roof PPA for commercial and industrial building owners. As you are aware, financing for solar projects is plentiful. However, it’s often restricted to Investment Grade credit customers who have a new roof on their facility.The “Solar + Roof” Program specifically addresses the challenges to building owners who would like to offset their energy costs by deploying solar photovoltaic energy producing systems on their commercial rooftops but are interested and/or need to update their roof prior to solar installation, and to owners with aging roofs that need replacement but have limited capital improvement funds.
GAF is providing the solution of an updated roof or reroof via solar financing.For example the “Solar + Roof” financing can provide a new highly-reflective, energy-saving white TPO roof prior to the installation of the solar array. This is great for those customers needing a new roof prior to the solar and/or wanting the energy savings of changing from yesterday’s black EPDM roofs to today’s energy saving roofing products.
When does the GAF Solar+Roof work?
- Minimal Penetrations and Obstructions on Roof
- Roof Responsibility & Energy User Aligned*
*Examples: Building owner occupies building, Single energy off-taker (ex: single tenant or landlord sells energy to tenants), Triple net lease (responsible for roof and energy expense)
- In states with incentives that support renewable energy growth.We are not a bank, but we are internally financing these Solar + Roof projects and have much more friendly credit qualification standards.
GAF has a flexible Underwriting Philosophy
that can open more doors:
*Program currently available in New York, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland.
- Investment Grade
- Non-Investment Grade
- Non Rated